TYLER — A blaze at a Tyler home points up a warning not to leave even the smallest fires unattended. The Tyler Fire Department was dispatched to the single alarm structure fire just before 11:15 Wednesday morning at 2616 North Border. Firefighters quickly extinguished the fire and contained it to the room of origin, minimizing the level of damage to the structure. The fire was brought under control about 15 minutes. Investigators with the Tyler Fire Marshal’s Office have determined that the fire started in one of the bedrooms from the unattended candles. Moderate smoke damage was reported throughout the structure, with minimal fire damage contained in the bedroom. There were no injuries reported.
Tyler Fire Blamed on Unattended Candles