Three Families Displaced in Longview Fire

Posted/updated on: November 15, 2012 at 1:22 pm

LONGVIEW Three families have been displaced after a structure fire near downtown Longview. KETK reports that shortly after noon yesterday, fire officials were alerted to a blaze at a triplex on the 100 block of East Melton Street. Firefighters were able to put out the flames in a short time and rescue a dog trapped inside. The fire is believed to have started after the family started using a stove to heat the home and it caught a nearby wall on fire. No injuries were reported. Since cold weather has arrived in East Texas, if the suspected cause proves to be true, this would be the second fire in Longview caused by an unobserved heating device.

Find an Advertiser

Support the folks that support us!
List of Current Advertisers!


Listen Live!

KTBB - Listen Now

On now:

ESPN 92.1FM - Listen Now

On now: