Mower Fire Destroys Smith County Home

Posted/updated on: June 16, 2014 at 9:13 am

cr233fireSMITH COUNTY — A Smith County home has been destroyed after a lawn mower caught fire. KETK reports the fire started around 11:45 Saturday morning at a home in the 1800 block of County Road 233. Smith County fire officials say homeowner Napoleon Square had just finished mowing his yard when he parked the lawn mower inside the garage. He then went inside the house. A passerby noticed the fire and notified Square and his wife. Jackson Heights, Chapel Hill, Red Springs, Arp, and Winona fire crews were then called to the scene. The house was destroyed by the time crews were able to put the fire out. Early investigation shows the lawn mower had a shortage in the battery which sparked the fire. No one was injured in the blaze.

Find an Advertiser

Support the folks that support us!
List of Current Advertisers!


Listen Live!

KTBB - Listen Now

On now:

ESPN 92.1FM - Listen Now

On now: